Enjoying The American River Resort Experience
We want every family and guest to have an enjoyable and safe stay at American River Resort. We love all the activity, laughter and camaraderie that happen naturally here as kids and adults interact with the surroundings and each other. At the close of each camping day, we want you to have the opportunity to enjoy the tranquility of the evening as the stars come out and the sounds of the river and nature take over. Towards this and other ends benefitting everyone, we have a few basic rules we ask you to follow. Thank you for doing your part to help fellow campers enjoy the American River Resort experience.
Rules for Everyone
Campground Rules and El Dorado County Ordinance – For the Safety and Enjoyment of all of our Guests
- No amplified music is allowed. This is a County Ordinance and is strictly enforced by the Resort Staff and the Sheriff’s department. Violation of this Ordinance warrants the removal of your group from the Resort and face a fine from the County.
- 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM is Quiet Time. This is a County Ordinance and is strictly enforced by the Resort staff and the Sheriff’s department. Violation of this Ordinance warrants the removal of your group from the Resort and face a fine from the County. If you can be heard in the next site you are too loud.
- Fireworks are illegal in El Dorado County. This is a very high fire area. Violation of this law will result in high fines and arrest. The Resort staff will report any violations to the Sheriff’s Office and your group will be removed from the Resort.
- Campfires are not permitted during High Wind Red Flag Warning Days. This is a County Law and is enforced by the Resort staff and the Sheriff’s department. Violation of this Ordinance warrants the removal of your group from the Resort as well as a fine and/or arrest.
- Do not alter or move the fire rings as these are put in to minimize the fire risk.
- Do not over-load your fire ring with wood as we are in a high fire hazard area.
- Check-In time is at 3:00 PM and Check-Out time is at 12:00 PM for Cabins, RV Sites and Campsites. To avoid additional charges please check out on time.
- Pet Owners must follow the Pet Rules and a Pet Agreement must be signed at Check-In. If you have not signed a Pet Agreement please return to the Reception to do so.
- The Gate Code is needed to access the property during your stay. The mechanical entry and exit gates need to be used with caution. Climbing over or playing around the gates could lead to injury. Forcing gates leads to damage for which you will be held accountable.
- There is NO PARKING at the river campsites. Please unload your car at your site then immediately park it in the designated parking area and then return to set-up your camp. At the end of your stay please pack up and gather all your camping equipment ready for pick-up, then drive down to load. This minimizes congestion at the river campsites.
- Please leave your campsite clean. Please return the picnic tables to the original location and pick up any micro trash you may have left behind. Please do not leave behind broken camping equipment. Your site fee does not include a dump fee and one will be charged if you leave broken or large items behind.
- USE EXTREME Caution in and around the river. Dam releases can come anytime and without warning day or night and river levels change without warning. It is mandatory that everyone use a personal flotation device if you are on any type of inflatable device, i.e. inner tube, raft etc.
- Wild land habitats are Dangerous and Fragile. Our campground is home to various species of dangerous snakes as well as skunks, raccoons, bears and mountain lions. Please be cautious and do not venture away of campsites, trails and roads. Please do not cut down trees or brush for any reason.
- Fishing in the river requires a California Fishing License however our catch and release fishing pond does not.
- Whitewater Rafting Trips depart from the Resort daily. Please contact our reservation office 530-622-6700 or visit the front desk to book your rafting adventure.
- Generators are not allowed. If you need electric power, please reserve one of our sites that provides electricity.
- Vehicles parked without parking passes may be towed at the owners expense.
- All reservation details will be confirmed 30 days prior to the reservation date when the final payment is due. If you arrive with extra guests, we will do our best to accommodate you. Payment for any additional guests or pets will be due upon check-in.
- Visitors to sites must register at the office and pay the camping fee and pick up a parking pass.
- The main bathroom and shower building is open 24 hours a day. Please notify the office immediately of any housekeeping issues.
- Please do not move picnic tables from one site to another without permission from the office. Before checking out, return tables to their original places.
- SWIMMING POOL availability is subject to weather conditions and maintenance requirements.
The pool is open from dawn to dusk.
Closed during scheduled maintenance and service.
- Check-in time for all cabins is 3:00PM. Check-out time for all cabins is 12:00PM noon.
- You must provide your own queen sheets, pillowcases, towels, and toiletries. If you have rented linens for your stay, please leave them in the cabin upon checkout.
- NO SMOKING inside the cabins at any time.
- NO DOGS or PETS in cabins or on cabin decks at any time.
- Please do not move or drag furniture across cabin floors.
- Please wash, dry and put away your dishes after use and turn off the BBQ propane when you have finished.
- Please leave your key on the dining table inside your cabin upon checkout.
At American River Resort we welcome pets too, but even they have to follow the rules. Your friendly pet is welcome here. Please read over the rules and be willing to sign our Pet Agreement at check-in. A campground is an open mixed environment for people and animals. Thanks for understanding the need for having and enforcing pet rules.
- No wandering animals. Pets must be leashed at all times, in and out of campsites.
- Pets may not be left unattended in any part of the campground, including your campsite, at any time, in any weather. The same applies to pets in RVs. Take them with you.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet. Every little bit, every time. Thanks!
- You assume full responsibility and liability for all actions or incidents caused by your pet while on American River Resort property.
- Maximum 2 pets per campsite.
- No pets allowed in the pool area.
- No pets allowed inside or on the decks of cabins.
- You must ensure your dog is not barking while at American River Resort at anytime.
- Noncompliance with these pet rules may result in your having to leave the campground.
- By law (for your pet’s protection), we must call animal control if your pet is left tethered and unattended for any length of time.
Campfire Rules and Guidelines
A campfire can be the centerpiece of a fun and enjoyable camp experience. At American River Resort, we encourage campfires and appreciate guests who consider having a campfire a privilege, and who act mindfully and responsibly when setting, maintaining and extinguishing their fires. When common sense and the basics of safe campfire management are followed, campfires are safe for people and the environment.
Please, campers, be smart and safe with fire, and teach your children good habits of campfire safety. We claim the right to demand any campfire be put out or brought better under control if we deem it to be unsafe in any way or the individuals in charge to be acting irresponsibly in any way with fire.
Our Campfire Guidelines
Along with our firm rule that campfires must be confined to the fire rings provided in each campsite, please follow these guidelines adapted from www.smokeybear.com.
Burn This, Not That
- Wood for your fire must be furnished by you (brought in with you) or purchased in our store.
- Do not cut or use wood from trees or dead branches on American River Resort property.
- Do not throw camping garbage onto the fire or in the fire ring. Use the garbage cans located near your site.
Maintaining Your Fire
- There are no “bonfires” at American River Resort. Keep your fire to a manageable size. Flames should not rise more than a foot or two above the top of the fire ring.
- To keep a fire from producing a lot of smoke, keep it hot by adding only dry wood and never leaves or garbage.
- Make sure children and pets are supervised when near the fire.
- Never leave your campfire unattended.
Extinguishing Your Campfire
- Allow the wood to burn completely to ash, if possible.
- Pour lots of water on the fire and around the inside of the fire ring until no hissing sound is heard.
- Stir the campfire ashes with a shovel or other implement to make sure everything is wet and cold to the touch.